Provides predictable sales cost
- No matter how the economy is doing the costs remain the same.
- Lowers sales costs
- No overhead for direct employee: salary, health benefits, insurance benefits, travel expenses, stock and profit sharing, sick leave, vacation and holiday pay, payroll taxes, worker compensation, bonding fees, liability insurance.
- No internal cost for administrating and maintaining payroll.
- Independent reps are familiar with the territory and may be calling on clients already.
- Agents tend to be well educated. They live and die by the bottom line
- Complementing lines increase the value of the representative. It allows the representative to add value.